Nov 22, 2012

Thank you for all of YOU, YOU, YOU.


Thanksgiving Day is a holiday in the US on the fourth Thursday of November.

First thanksgiving: 
 The Pilgrims  from England - landed in Plymouth. It was December 11, 1620. The cold winter had set in. The land was strange to them, and nothing seemed familiar. The winter was long, cold, and very hard for the Pilgrims.
 
Luckily, Native Americans helped by supplying them with seeds and food, teaching them about their new home, and giving them the skills needed to survive in a strange, new land.The first year in their new home was hard for the Pilgrims. Many died. With seeds and plants received from the Native Americans, the Pilgrims planted crops.
 
The fall harvest was a good one. To celebrate their good fortune, the Pilgrims had a feast of thanksgiving.Many foods were cooked for the feast - wild turkey, duck, and venison were probably served, along with fish, pumpkins, squash, corn, sweet potatoes, and cranberries.   Captain Miles Standish, the leader of the Pilgrims invited all of the Native Americans who had helped them so much during their first year. Everyone had a good day of thanksgiving. The feast lasted for three days! (quoted from ivillage)



Nowadays, Families and friends gather together and have a special meal together on thanksgiving day. Also, it is a day for people to give thanks for everything that they are grateful for.


 colored by Now Hurray in my blogging class.
Thank you, Ruth!!!!
My thanks from Atlanta.


Thank you for my FAMILY.
No matter where I am, no matter where they are, I know we are together.

Thank you for my FRIENDS.
My friends in Japan,  we cannot often meet,
but they always care me, and their mail makes me happy.
My friends in US, they are always kind. Their words "good morning"
make me happy.
I appreciate that you try to understand my poor English!!

Thank you for this EARTH.
I can enjoy my life because this Earth gives me a lot of energy physically and psychologically.
Especially, all animals and plants on the Earth. I cannot live without them.

I cannot express my gratitude in words.


Today is a special day.
What would you give thanks for?

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful article!!

    Thank you for this earth! An interesting and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, summer.
    I really enjoyed my first thanksgiving, and I felt the day that we think about gratitude in our life was important.

    ReplyDelete