Dec 2, 2012

A Banana Story

Now I'm  participating in #Reverb12 , and this is my first time.
Yesterday, I just posted my blog entry just following #Reverb12 without any
 thought. However, this morning, I understood why this project was really
 exciting, why people enjoyed this project. All bloggers have the same prompt
 every day, but there is no same blog entry.  

click here

Today's prompt for #Reverb12 is 'what's your most significant spend?'

My most significant spend this year is tuition for Language institute in the US.
Now I'm studying English to speak fluently.
Actually I don't need English in my work or in my daily life in Japan, but every
 time I went traveling abroad, I was disappointed at my poor English.
That was why I came to the US to study English.

Needless to say, since I came to the US, I have experienced a lot of culture
 shock.
I know these culture differences makes me excited.

I get used to look around carefully to find the hidden excitement in my daily life.


Here is one of my daily life story.

One week ago,when I walked to back my home, I saw a man eating a banana 
sitting in the bench at the station.
I felt something weird in that scenery.

I'll show you two pictures to explain why I felt something weird.

The man's way:
peeling from bottom of a banana. 

My way:
Peeling from stem side.

Do you understand the difference of these two pictures??
His way of peering a banana was different from my way.
I had thought the stem of banana existed to peel it easily.
In my opinion, his method is difficult and our hands might get dirty, but this is
his way.

I thought about other kinds of fruit.

The way of peeling an orange is different from person to person.
The way of peeling an apple is different from person to person. 

What I take for granted is not always a matter of course.

How do you peel banana??

If you have an unique way of peeling fruit, please let me know.





4 comments:

  1. I am marveling at your incredible ability to answer and transform a writing prompt!

    And, Now Hurray! You are brilliant at making observations and taking photos to illustrate your ideas.

    I am intrigued by your banana story and repulsed. I have to say it is not the typical "American" way of peeling a banana from the bottom up!

    I'm laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, HALLELUJAH TRUTH.
      I am relieved that the way of peeling a banana from the bottom up is not the tyopical American way!!

      Delete
  2. You keep you eyes very precise to find a such detail in daily lives, it's incredible. I think your observations and illustrations are provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gunner.
      I can enjoy my daily life just because my surroundings make me laugh.

      Delete