Dec 11, 2012

TIME TRAVEL

#reverb12 Day 11: What was music to your ears?

What was music to your ears in 2012, literally or metaphorically?

After I came to the US, I always listen to NPR news, so there seems to be
no music in my life....

However, this year had special song. 

 "JIKAN RYOKO" by DREAMS COME TRUE (Japanese music group)
( If I translate this song in English directly,  it might be "TIME TRAVEL")


This song was published in 1990.

In this lyric , she wrote
 "Could you give me a ring?  I"ll be waiting for it until total eclipse in 2012,
so please give me a special and greatest ring. Yes!! It's a ring of the sun"

The ring of the sun
Total eclipse in 05/21/2012 in JAPAN
(photo from here)

I met this song in 1995. At that time, 2012 was the far future for me.
 I often listened and sang this song. And then, more than 20 years passed.
Finally,  this year,  I was on May 21. 2012.


Do you understand how special day 05/21/2012 is!!
This eclipse was not usual eclipse, but a precious eclipse.
It had a special and extreme meaning for them, for me and for all of their fans.

I postponed my departure to the US for one month just to see this total eclipse.
Needless to say, during eclipse, I listened this song again and again and again as my countless memories overflowed.
"I"m watching 2012's total eclipse."
I could not express my feeling in a word.

Could you give me a special ring??
I don't know what to say to you.
How can I tell you how much I love you?
I can be happy just because you are here.
I want to believe eternity.
 Longer than forever. 
(translation by Now hurray & photo from here)

When I met this song, this time travel was for the future.
However, 05/21/2012, this time travel was for the past.

Twenty years ago, what were you doing??
What will you be doing twenty years later?? 

What kind of time travel do you want?
Do you want to see your future, or your past??

2 comments:

  1. Time goes fast, 20 years ago I was an 1-year-old baby and I have no idea what I was doing at that time...but everything just like happened in one day and now we are already adults...sad story

    If I had a time machine, I wouldn't go to the near future because it is not good to know the fate, I prefer keeping the future be open. But traveling to the future for thousands years is really attractive.
    If there is another chance, I'd like to go to the past and tell myself to have more courage, and hope there is nobody scared by "future-man"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shell Bean.
    Your idea is intersting. not the near future, but the far future.
    I hope you cherishes your days and you will enjoy your life without regret!!

    ReplyDelete