Dec 10, 2012

Greatest Risk or Greatest Achievement

#reverb12 Day 10: Your greatest risk?

What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?


My risks in 2012:

・ Ate Lay's potato chips all by myself
・  Rode roller coasters  (I hate it!!)
・  Fought with a cockroach
・  Drove a RV
・  Sat in the passenger seat  (The driver was practicing for driver's license)
・ Practiced for driving a manual car (I don't like the clutch!!!Please go forward...)
          
 

In those risks, my greatest risk in 2012 might be several presentations in my English classes.

As I wrote before, I am so shy, so I'm poor at speaking in public.
During presentation, all I could do was holding manuscript tightly and reading it.
Though I practiced a lot at home and tried to do my best, I could not overcome it. I don't know how many times and how much I was disappointed with my presentations.
SAY YES!! TAKE A RISK!!
Rules of my improv class.
 
A few days ago, I had a dream. My dream was I attended a formal party with my friend.
You know the story of dream is sometimes weird.
Suddenly, I had to do Karaoke in front of one hundred people.

Of course, I got nervous, but finally I sang a song perfectly.

After waking up, I reminded myself that I could sing a song in front of many people. Actually, I participated a Karaoke competition in Japan twice voluntarily, and I really enjoy the competition. (Unfortunately I failed...)


Today, I had the final presentation in my speaking class.
I needed to speak ten minutes!!! Since I was so nervous from yesterday,
I had stomachache and nausea in this morning, and took medicine for stomachache.  (Is it because I ate two pieces of chocolate cake last night??)

Result was.....


I didn't read my manuscript!! (although I had Power Point)
I knew my eye contact, body language and my volume of voice were not enough, but I believe that this presentation was a great step forward.

Now I'm proud of myself a little bit. 
 
How do I pamper myself?? Of course, It's potato chips!!!

Special Potato chips!!
Ume plum taste.
 I brought it from Japan because I cannot get it here,
so it's so precious!!!
I keep it mind that I'll eat this on a special day.
Today is the day☆☆☆
 
What was the greatest risk you took in 2012?
And, If you have a time, please praise me :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations for saying YES and doing all that you do, including giving powerpoint presentations!

    Do you share your potato chips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, HALLELUJAH TRUTH.
    You gave and give me a power to take a risk.
    Anyway, I need think about my potato chips.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have some weak points in our characters. You are brave enough to face up with your shyness and try to overcome it. I believe that you will succeed as long as you continue challenging yourself. At least you are doing better and better, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw you on that day when you went to the classroom! I'm so glad that you made it at last, you must have made a great progress during the past six months.

    For me, the greatest risk I took was skiing in the beginning of 2012, it's very exciting and the most amazing thing is I'm still alive!

    ReplyDelete